Top Review by Julesong
Steingrim proclaims this pizza "Good!" I used 1 teaspoon of Tabasco to about 1 1/4 cup sauce, and it was just enough to add a nice spiciness and bite. I don't like cooked green bell pepper, so I used strips of red, orange, and yellow bell pepper instead - their sweetness was really nice in the pizza! Other small things we did differently were: I stirred the chopped onion into the sauce, I added about 1 teaspoon balsamic and 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil to the sauce, and I used almost double of all the toppings than it called for (we're big on toppings in this house).
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco garlic pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1 prepared round pizza dough, 14"
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper strip
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Garlic Pepper Sauce and pizza sauce.
- Reserve until needed.
- Place the dough on an oiled pizza screen.
- (To oil the screen, spray with cooking spray, heat, and re-spray just before using.) Poke holes in dough with a fork to relieve air pockets.
- Spread with the pizza sauce, leaving a 1" border around the edge.
- Spread the cheese over the sauce and top with onion, mushrooms, green pepper strips and black olives.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 8 slices.