Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta Delight
- Saute sliced mushrooms in a small amount of oil in pan. When cooked, strain excess juice/water, and set aside.
- fry chopped onion in oil till soft and a little brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic, stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add courgette slices, chopped peppers and salt( about 1 tsp salt or less).Fry till vegetables have softened and cooked .
- Add tin of tomatoes and tomato puree. Mix well.
- Add sauteed mushrooms, caster sugar and italian herbs. Bring to boil, then add green chilli if desired. Also add black pepper. Check for seasoning. Simmer for about 15 mins on low heat.
- Whilst sauce is simmering, boil pasta (enough for 3-4 people). Drain, put back into pan and add the sauce to it. Briefly heat pasta and sauce together, then add chopped basil leaves. Serve, and add grated cheese on top.