Mediterranean Vegetable Omelette With Side Salad
- Roast the red bell pepper over gas stove until skin is completely black. If you do not have a gas stove you can use grill on highest mark. When completely blackened, remove skin and slice in small strips.
- Finely chop the shallot, cut asparagus in 1 inch pieces.
- In med size skillet, heat 1 tsp coconut oil (or other type of vegetable oil). Fry shallots until softened, not browned. Add asparagus, bell pepper and spinach.
- When spinach has wilted, add eggs, scooping veggies into the egg while still unset. Turn omelet after 2 minutes. Bake an additional minute.
- Make a side salad with rocket, sliced 1/2 avocado and cottage cheese. Serve together with omelette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.