I am not claiming this to be authentic Mediterranean but I got that 'vibe' when I was picking out what veggies I wanted to go in it. I think this would actually work really well even if you left the chicken out and went for a fully veggie option.
- 1 tortilla
- 2 tablespoons hummus, reduced fat version is possible
- 4 slices deli chicken
- 1⁄3 cup Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and chopped up
- 2 tablespoons roasted sweet red peppers, diced, from a jar
- Spread hummus over the tortilla.
- Place the slices of chicken down the middle of the tortilla so that the ends of each slice overlap.
- Arrange the spinach leaves over the chicken.
- Top with the artichokes and red peppers.
- Fold over the sides of the tortilla and roll up as you would any other wrap.
- Cut in half and serve.
Made this as written (except for doubling the recipe and adding some red slivered onions) and DH and I really enjoyed these for lunch. So easy...used rotisserie chicken. Thank you for posting. Made for September Tag Game ~ El Pollo ~ Chicken 2013.
These were good, the artichokes really make it. Like another reviewer I used rotisserie chicken; I also didn't add the red pepper because I didn't have any.
Made these last night. I quite enjoyed them. (DH is not a fan of artichoke hearts, but that will not effect my review ;) ) I added some sliced cucumber and feta cheese. Thanks for posting. (Made and reviewed for NZ/AUZ Recipe Swap #27, April '09)