From the Perricone Promise diet book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 1/2 lbs diced cooked turkey breast
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, basil, fennel seeds, and crushed red pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2Add the broth and tomatoes. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Add the beans and turkey and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 4Garnish each soup bowl with 1 tablespoon of cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (922 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 231.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 68.9 g