Recipe by chia
Top Review by Kree
I'm sorry to say my family and I were not crazy about this recipe. It smelled fantastic cooking but turned out very dry and bland. I think the rice must have soaked up too much chicken broth. I did omit the olives due to my family's preference and had to garnish it was soy parmesan, but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. I'm sorry I can't rate this more highly.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked converted brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, plus
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated for garnish (or use crumbled feta cheese)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- spray a non stick saute pan with cooking spray.
- add ground turkey, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp thyme and 1 tbsp sage, saute until no longer pink.
- drain, set into crock pot.
- add all remaining ingredients except cheese, and mix well.
- cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- garnish with cheese before serving.