Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another healthy treat from my kitchen to you! These are fantastic and very easy. Would go well with sweet potato oven fries with lavendar salt.
- 4 frozen turkey burgers or 4 fresh beef burgers
- 2 whole roasted red peppers
- 4 English muffins or 4 whole grain buns
- kalamata olive tapenade (olive paste)
- mixed sprouts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 2 -3 reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Make the cheese sauce by blending together the cheese and all ingredients following.
- Whiz together in blender or food processer to form a chunky paste.
- You may need to add a little milk or yogurt to get the right consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Grill or pan fry burgers.
- For the last minute of cooking, place half a roasted red pepper on top to heat through.
- Toast muffins or buns.
- Spread bottom half of bun with tapenade.
- Place hot burger with pepper on top.
- Top with generous schmear of cheese sauce, sprouts is using, and remaining muffin or bun half.
- Eat and be satisfied.