Recipe by kitchengrrl
Another healthy treat from my kitchen to you! These are fantastic and very easy. Would go well with sweet potato oven fries with lavendar salt.
- 4 frozen turkey burgers or 4 fresh beef burgers
- 2 whole roasted red peppers
- 4 English muffins or 4 whole grain buns
- kalamata olive tapenade (olive paste)
- mixed sprouts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 2 -3 reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the cheese sauce by blending together the cheese and all ingredients following.
- Whiz together in blender or food processer to form a chunky paste.
- You may need to add a little milk or yogurt to get the right consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Grill or pan fry burgers.
- For the last minute of cooking, place half a roasted red pepper on top to heat through.
- Toast muffins or buns.
- Spread bottom half of bun with tapenade.
- Place hot burger with pepper on top.
- Top with generous schmear of cheese sauce, sprouts is using, and remaining muffin or bun half.
- Eat and be satisfied.