Another healthy treat from my kitchen to you! These are fantastic and very easy. Would go well with sweet potato oven fries with lavendar salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 frozen turkey burgers or 4 fresh beef burgers
- 2 whole roasted red peppers
- 4 English muffins or 4 whole grain buns
- kalamata olive tapenade (olive paste)
- mixed sprouts (optional)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 2 -3 reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1Make the cheese sauce by blending together the cheese and all ingredients following.
- 2Whiz together in blender or food processer to form a chunky paste.
- 3You may need to add a little milk or yogurt to get the right consistency.
- 4Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 5Grill or pan fry burgers.
- 6For the last minute of cooking, place half a roasted red pepper on top to heat through.
- 7Toast muffins or buns.
- 8Spread bottom half of bun with tapenade.
- 9Place hot burger with pepper on top.
- 10Top with generous schmear of cheese sauce, sprouts is using, and remaining muffin or bun half.
- 11Eat and be satisfied.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 353.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers