1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Tuna Sandwich
My boyfriend's mother prepared this for us on holiday... I don't normally like canned-tuna, but the layer of fresh flavors that break through in this sandwich are outstanding! I've never measured the ingredients when I've made this, so these are all approximations. Fresh bread and tomatoes are a must!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a small bowl, mix olive oil and red wine vinegar together.
- 2Place onions in mixture and let marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- 3When ready, set out bottom slice of bread, drizzle thinly with the oil-vinegar mixture, and layer onions.
- 4Follow with capers and olives, tuna, tomato, leaf green, drizzled lightly with oil-vinegar mixture and top slice of bread.
- 5Squish everything together and let sit for a few minutes while you clean up, bring plenty of napkins, this is one messy sandwich!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Tuna Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: