Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One day I was craving tuna salad but not the usual, so I borrowed some Mediterranean flavors and created this mayo-less tuna salad. It's good in a pita or stuffed into a tomato shell; and it keeps really well.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons cucumbers, unpeeled & minced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (the feta cheese is salty; salt lightly at first)
- Combine all ingredients and allow to sit, refrigerated, to blend for about an hour.
- Serve lightly chilled.
We really enjoyed this as a light supper! I left the hard boiled egg out, but other than that made exactly as stated. Thanks so much for posting this delicious recipe!
Thanks for a great tuna salad without the mayo! Didn't have fresh oregano, just used dried and it was still pretty tasty. Will definitely make again, a welcome addition to my lunch menu.
This was a very good summertime salad without the usual green leaves. Wonderful creation - tastes good and the sauce was light. Thanks EdsGirlAngie !