Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a different twist on a tuna salad -- made with English cucumbers and a light olive oil vinaigrette. The Kalamata olives and vinaigrette give it a nice tangy taste.
- 1 English cucumber, prewrapped (not the standard Kirby cucumber)
- 10 ounces drained and flaked light chunk tuna in water
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of bottled olive oil vinaigrette (salad dressing)
- lettuce greens or toasted French baguette
- Cut cucumber into 3/4-inch chunks (English cucumbers don't need to have the seeds removed). In a large bowl, combine the chopped cucumbers, tuna, Kalamata olives, chopped tomatoes, and olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing. Stir until blended. Serve over lettuce greens or on toasted baguettes.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap # 33* A very tasty change from the usual mayo/mustard and dill pickle. Thought it needed little salt and pepper. Added just a tad of feta to top, for our lunch. Thanks for posting, Taste Tester.