Recipe by rickoholic83
A lighter, fresher version from Cooking Light.
Top Review by FloridaNative
DH said this was especially good and he really enjoyed it. Easy to make and a definitely different take on tuna salad. Will certainly add this to the salad rotation for the summertime. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drain and chop
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (I double the mayo)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl; brush oil mixture evenly over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Combine tuna, tomatoes, olives, red onion, mayo, capers and pepper in a bowl.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on four of the slices of bread.
- Top the lettuce evenly with tuna mixture and cover with the remaining bread slices.