Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this to go with buckwheat pasta but would be great with any pasta or rice. Cheap, quick and easy to make. I guess you could swap the veges around to suit own taste.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (440 g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in water (retain water)
- Dice onion, celery and zuchini and soften in olive oil.
- Add garlic and herbs and rest of ingredients.
- Simmer gently for 10-15 mins and thicken with a little cornstarch so liquid sticks to the pasta.