Recipe by SusieQusie
White albacore tuna is dressed up with fresh vegetables and a lemony vinaigrette for a light and tasty main dish salad. Adapted from the Pampered Chef's "It's Good For You".
Top Review by Tamaretta
Loved this recipe! I love pasta salad and I love tuna and this dressing really brought it all together. I used only about 1/2 the pasta amount and 1/2 the vinegar and used Greek seasoning instead of the oregano. I added the lettuce to the individual servings at the table so the lettuce wouldn't get soggy. Thanks for posting!
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml light olive oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 small cucumber, scored and sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1182.95 ml mixed salad greens
- 340.19 g cansolid albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add vegetables, olives, salad greens and tuna. Pour on vinaigrette, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.