Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 425 g tuna in vegetable oil, drained, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained, finely chopped (125g)
- 200 g bocconcini, drained, roughly chopped
- 50 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes or until onion is soft. Increase heat to high and add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 190°C Grease and line base of a 6cm deep, 20cm (base) springform pan. Add tuna, tomato, bocconcini, parmesan, spinach and egg to cooled rice mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Press rice mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set and crisp around the edges. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen pie.
- Cut pie into wedges and serve warm.
This is a great "fancy" lunch dish. I subbed salmon for the tuna as I had some to use up. Served with a green salad this was lovely. Thanks Sonya!