Recipe by chia
ratatouille tuna, this is delicious and low fat, low carb too
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
Five stars for sure, and my DH and I agreed that it deserves both stars and the moon! What a spectacular, easy recipe! I made it exactly as directed except I scaled back on the olives a bit (DH isn't too keen on them), and I only made two servings of tuna, but kept the rest of the recipe as is, since we love veggies, and almost ate all of them. This recipe just sparkles - nice spice, a great melding of flavors with the vegetable mix, and the tuna was moist and flavorful. It was incredibly easy, too, so is a weeknight contender, for sure. I'm so glad I made this recipe - it was really delicious and I'll make it often - thanks, chia!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt, pepper
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 (5 ounce) tuna fillets
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large skillet heat olive oil.
- add peppers, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, saute about 5-10 minutes until softened season with salt, pepper, red pepper.
- in a heavy pot add onion, top with tuna, add salt& pepper.
- pour sauteed vegetables over, add in olives and capers, cover.
- simmer over low heat20 minutes until tuna is cooked through.