Recipe by Calee
Sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano and feta cheese.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Absolutely fantastic loaf! Few changes I'd to make though: the local shop didn't have any tomato juice so I added in tomato salsa instead; also couldn't get hold of ricotta cheese so made it all with feta. Turned out very moist. We LOVED it. Had to share it with my neighbour and they asked for the recipe! Thank you, Calee, for sharing this wonderful recipe, DEFINITELY will be making it again!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, blotted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pepper in a large bowl. Stir make well in centre.
- Combine eggs tomato juice, ricotta cheese, crumbled feta, sun dried tomatoes oil, basil and oregano in a medium bowl whisk,.
- Add to well. Stir until just moistened.
- Spread in greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Brush with reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.