Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano and feta cheese.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, blotted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pepper in a large bowl. Stir make well in centre.
- Combine eggs tomato juice, ricotta cheese, crumbled feta, sun dried tomatoes oil, basil and oregano in a medium bowl whisk,.
- Add to well. Stir until just moistened.
- Spread in greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Brush with reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
Absolutely fantastic loaf! Few changes I'd to make though: the local shop didn't have any tomato juice so I added in tomato salsa instead; also couldn't get hold of ricotta cheese so made it all with feta. Turned out very moist. We LOVED it. Had to share it with my neighbour and they asked for the recipe! Thank you, Calee, for sharing this wonderful recipe, DEFINITELY will be making it again!
I was really excited to try this recipe and even planned a meal around, but unfortunately, despite the number of ingredients that went into it, the bread ended up tasting pretty bland. I used the dried oregano and basil, so perhaps using fresh would have helped? This was a beautiful loaf though, great texture and easy to slice.
This is great. It's easy to make, the ingredients are easy to find even in my small-town grocery store, and the texture is fab. It's a lighter loaf, but incredibly filling and savoury. Thank you so much for posting this! Even my tomato-hating husband loved it.