Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of a wonderful cookbook for Mediterranean cooking, and this is the modification.
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄4 cup mixed almonds or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sauté the chopped garlic cloves in 3 tbsp of oil, in a pot, then add the whole can of crushed tomatoes when done. Let simmer over low heat until the mixture looks like soup.
- In a different sauce pan, sauté the chopped onion, almonds and raisins in the remaining oil, over medium-high heat.
- Serve over fish fillet baked in lemon, butter or oil, pepper and salt.