1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
May I Have That Recipe's Note:
Not your traditional sweet and sour chicken. Mediterranean spices infuse this chicken with delicious flavors and aromas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 15 pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup apricot all-fruit jam, plus
- 2 tablespoons apricot all-fruit jam
- 1/4 cup hot water, plus
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11. Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- 22. In a large bowl, coat chicken thighs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and rice vinegar. Add spice mix and using your hands, rub it on the chicken until it’s all well coated.
- 33. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chicken and cook at medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- 44. In a large soup pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add diced onions and crushed garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add agave nectar and balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- 55. Add prunes, raisins and orange juice.
- 66. In a small bowl, combine apricot jam and hot water and stir until the jam has dissolved. Add to the soup pot.
- 77. Add vegetable broth, lemon juice and salt. Cook at medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 88. Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.0
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 917.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: