Not your traditional sweet and sour chicken. Mediterranean spices infuse this chicken with delicious flavors and aromas
- 14.78 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper
- 14.78 ml garlic powder
- 14.78 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml salt
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 591.47 ml diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml Agave
- 59.16 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 pitted prunes, chopped
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 473.18 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml apricot all-fruit jam, plus
- 29.58 ml apricot all-fruit jam
- 59.14 ml hot water, plus
- 29.58 ml hot water
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1. Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- 2. In a large bowl, coat chicken thighs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and rice vinegar. Add spice mix and using your hands, rub it on the chicken until it’s all well coated.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chicken and cook at medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- 4. In a large soup pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add diced onions and crushed garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add agave nectar and balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- 5. Add prunes, raisins and orange juice.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine apricot jam and hot water and stir until the jam has dissolved. Add to the soup pot.
- 7. Add vegetable broth, lemon juice and salt. Cook at medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.