Recipe by May I Have That Recipe
Not your traditional sweet and sour chicken. Mediterranean spices infuse this chicken with delicious flavors and aromas
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 15 pitted prunes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup apricot all-fruit jam, plus
- 2 tablespoons apricot all-fruit jam
- 1⁄4 cup hot water, plus
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- 2. In a large bowl, coat chicken thighs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and rice vinegar. Add spice mix and using your hands, rub it on the chicken until it’s all well coated.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chicken and cook at medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- 4. In a large soup pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add diced onions and crushed garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add agave nectar and balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- 5. Add prunes, raisins and orange juice.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine apricot jam and hot water and stir until the jam has dissolved. Add to the soup pot.
- 7. Add vegetable broth, lemon juice and salt. Cook at medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.