Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is a very simple and yummy side dish from the Mediterranean.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
What is not to love? Fresh tomatoes from the garden, good balsamic soooo summer and so good. The tomatoes on their own are great, I added a bit of basil and some mozzarella to make it a bigger meal. Thanks for posting Lavender Lynn! Made for Culinary Quest 2014
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 5 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf French bread, for dipping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and slice the tomatoes, and arrange them in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the shallots over the tomatoes.
- Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together with a fork, then pour over the tomatoes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving, or refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days.
- Eat with French bread, and dip the bread in the marinade when finished with the tomatoes.