Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
With pasta added, this gives a nice twist to the typical Greek salad. Be sure to use good-quality feta cheese, as it really makes a difference in flavor and creaminess.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup greek olives such as kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese, broken into large chunks
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olives, feta, and spinach.
- Add cooked orzo.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste; toss with salad.
I added one plum to the cherries, more oil and used fig balsamic vinegar. This was yummy good! Thanks.
This was so good! I couldn't find any orzo past so I found another small type pasta to use. This is a great summer salad and can see me taking it to potlucks and picnics. Thanks for sharing!
This was an excellent recipe. I added slightly more EVOO, based on my personal preference, and also some leftover smoked chicken. I wasn't so sure about the baby spinach, but in the end, I loved it! Great balance of flavors and textures.