1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Summer Breeze Cold Yogurt Soup
You and your friend are sitting at a quaint outdoor café on the Greek Island of Mykonos. The sun is setting and the feel of the summer breeze on your sun tanned skin is so soothing. You have just finished eating a tasty shrimp appetizer, it was mouth watering but a touch on the spicy side. A cold creamy yogurt soup would just hit the spot. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yogurt, made from whole milk (3.5% milk fat, 2 lbs = 32 oz.)
- cold water
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled (French type if possible, less salty)
- 4 tablespoons olives, kalamata (pits removed and cut up into pieces)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (any colors or combo, chopped up)
- 8 tablespoons spring onions, cleaned and chopped up
- 8 tablespoons pistachio nuts, shells removed and ground up coarsely (not fine)
- 1For each individual bowls; Put 1/2 cup of yogurt in a bowl and then add 1/8 to 1/4 cup cold water (depending on the thickness desired), 1/8 cup cream, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic… all to taste; Then blend until creamy smooth.
- 2Add to each individual bowl, 2 tablespoons feta cheese, 1 tablespoon olives, 2-3 tablespoons bell peppers, 2 tablespoons spring onions; mix slightly.
- 3Sprinkle on top 2 tablespoons of ground pistachio nuts.
- 4Chill prior to serving, enjoy.
- 6Notes: This soup is best when using whole creamy milk yogurt which can be found in Greek and Middle Eastern grocery stores; or use your own home make yogurt. You can also serve INDIVIDUAL CUPS instead of bowls of this soup. Simply, reduce the amount of ingredients in each cup. Finally, you can add or substitute some of the vegetables. For example, cut up strawberries (add a pinch of sugar in individual bowls), tomatoes or chopped up hard boiled eggs (Arabic style).
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Summer Breeze Cold Yogurt Soup
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.1
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 217.7 mg
- Sodium 2286.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g