Recipe by Tiomarrano
Tasty adaptation of more familiar squash medley using butter, parsley, tomato, squash, onion and bell pepper. I like this better and it has sort of an "Italian" taste that I myself really like.
- 4 -5 yellow squash, cubed
- 1 cup fresh onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth (not beef) or 1 cup pork broth (not beef)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (granules)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked hot red pepper (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese in safe microwaveable bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cook, covered, in microwave until vegetables are as done as you like them and you can smell the aroma of the herbs.
- When done, remove from microwave; stir, then spoon vegetables and liquid as desired into bowls and top the dish (optional) with grated microwave cheese.