Tasty adaptation of more familiar squash medley using butter, parsley, tomato, squash, onion and bell pepper. I like this better and it has sort of an "Italian" taste that I myself really like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 yellow squash, cubed
- 1 cup fresh onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth (not beef) or 1 cup pork broth (not beef)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (granules)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked hot red pepper (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese in safe microwaveable bowl.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Cook, covered, in microwave until vegetables are as done as you like them and you can smell the aroma of the herbs.
- 4When done, remove from microwave; stir, then spoon vegetables and liquid as desired into bowls and top the dish (optional) with grated microwave cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Style Yellow Squash Microwave Medley
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 465.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth
herbes de provence