1 hr 5 mins
Need something different to do with that ground turkey in the freezer? This a tasty dish even the kids will enjoy. . .if you let them have any!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 cup diced onion (frozen is fine)
- 8 ounces petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken bouillon or 1 cup broth
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed basil leaves
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook the spinach,onion, and basil with the chicken broth for 10 minutes on medium.
- 2Brown the turkey.
- 3Prepare the crust by cutting the shortening into the flour and salt. Slowly add the water so the dough is not too sticky. Roll it out to the size of the pie plate and set aside.
- 4Once the turkey is browned add the spinach mixture to it and continue to cook on med heat.
- 5Add the tomato and garlic and cook about 10 minutes or until liquid reduces by about half.
- 6Add the mozarella and mix well.
- 7Transfer mixture to lightly greased pie plate.
- 8Top with crust and bake 35 minutes at 400°F.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Style Turkey Pie
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.6 mg
- Sodium 644.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese