Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe makes a ton of dressing but may be scaled down to half, plan ahead the dressing needs to chill for a few hours before serving, it will keep well in the fridge up to 2 weeks --- all ingredients may be adjusted to taste --- also see my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad
Top Review by SPrins
YUMMM!! We really enjoyed this! The only things I did different were fresh basil (will try fresh oregano, too, once the herb garden gets a little bigger!). When I make dressings, I also make a thickened solution with water and cornstarch, then sub it completely for oil. Makes most dressing virtually fat free and works great! My hubby really enjoyed this and said I can definitely make again. Thanks so much for sharing!! :O)
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour all ingredients in a large glass jar, and whisk or mix with a spoon until well combined or you can also blend in a processor or a blender.
- Adjust all seasonings to suit taste, including the sugar and salt.
- Let sit in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Shake very well before using.