This recipe makes a ton of dressing but may be scaled down to half, plan ahead the dressing needs to chill for a few hours before serving, it will keep well in the fridge up to 2 weeks --- all ingredients may be adjusted to taste --- also see my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Pour all ingredients in a large glass jar, and whisk or mix with a spoon until well combined or you can also blend in a processor or a blender.
- Adjust all seasonings to suit taste, including the sugar and salt.
- Let sit in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Shake very well before using.
YUMMM!! We really enjoyed this! The only things I did different were fresh basil (will try fresh oregano, too, once the herb garden gets a little bigger!). When I make dressings, I also make a thickened solution with water and cornstarch, then sub it completely for oil. Makes most dressing virtually fat free and works great! My hubby really enjoyed this and said I can definitely make again. Thanks so much for sharing!! :O)
Tasty dressing. Worked really well on a greek salad. Thank you.
Loved this dressing. I only made half a cup and wish I would have done the entire recipe. We had it with Ultimate California Moon Doggie Pizza and went great. Will be making the entire recipe next time as it will go with many other choices.