Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a take-off of the Mexican version of nachos. Very tasty! Great flavors ! Good for any occasion!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (yours or purchased)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- avocado, slices
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add eggplant and bell pepper and cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Mix in the salsa.
- Note: this can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Refrigerate. Rewarm before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Divide tortilla chips between two oven-proof serving platters.
- Top with eggplant mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over each.
- Bake until cheese melts,about 10 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and avocado slices.
- Serve immediately.