24 hrs 10 mins
This is adapted from a recipe that came with some Penzeys spices I got as a wedding gift. It is fabulous. Cook time includes maximum possible marinade time. I think some feta sprinkled on top would be wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow bowl, mix oil, vinegar, pepper, basil/thyme and garlic.
- 2Coat both sides of fillets.
- 3Break bay leaves into 3-4 pieces, press onto both sides of fillets.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight (overnight is better!) Remove bay leaves and discard extra marinade.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and cook over medium high heat in large skillet (nonstick is best).
- 6For example: a thick cod fillet will need about 4 minutes per side, thin long fillets 2-3 minutes/side.
- 7Drippings in the pan are great on pasta--deglaze pan by adding a bit more red wine vinegar (or just WINE!) and toss with freshly cooked (not rinsed!) warm pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean-Style Marinated Fish (Or Chicken!) Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g