4 hrs 35 mins
I got this from Oxygen magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry French lentils
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onions, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup red and yellow pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1Put lentils in a pot with enough water to cover them by 2 inches.
- 2Bring to a boil, then simmer partially covered until tender (20-30 min).
- 3Drain and rinse gently in cold water.
- 4Place in medium sized bowl and add all ingredients except herbs and bell peppers.
- 5Cover tightly and chill at least 4 hours.
- 6Add the peppers and herbs an hour before serving.
- 7Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean-Style French Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 12.6 g