Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this from Oxygen magazine.
Make and share this Mediterranean-Style French Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dry French lentils
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onions, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 small carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red and yellow pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- Put lentils in a pot with enough water to cover them by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer partially covered until tender (20-30 min).
- Drain and rinse gently in cold water.
- Place in medium sized bowl and add all ingredients except herbs and bell peppers.
- Cover tightly and chill at least 4 hours.
- Add the peppers and herbs an hour before serving.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.