the mix'n vix'n's Note:
The title explains it all! Yummy! :) This dish is great as a side dish or on it's own. You can serve it warm or cold. You can make it vegetarian by cooking the couscous in boiling water or vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml quick cooking wheat couscous
- 236.59 ml chicken stock, boiling
- 396.89 g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Pour quick cooking couscous in a med bowl and cover with boiling chicken stock. Cover with plastic wrap set aside. After about 5 minutes, check couscous by fluffing with a fork. If all liquid is absorbed, let cool completely.
- 3Toss veggie medley in olive oil, salt/pepper/garlic salt, and oregano then spread out in single layer on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Over crowding will cause then to steam and become mushy.
- 4Roast until golden brown. Checking every 25 mins or so. (I never timed it, sorry!).
- 5Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 6In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk fresh parsley, salt/pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil together. Add cooled couscous, chickpeas, tomatoes and cooled roasted veggies. Toss gently. Fold in feta.
- 7Serve room temp or cold.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean-Style Couscous Salad W/ Roasted Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 601.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 12.2 g