Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title explains it all! Yummy! :) This dish is great as a side dish or on it's own. You can serve it warm or cold. You can make it vegetarian by cooking the couscous in boiling water or vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- 1 cup quick cooking wheat couscous
- 1 cup chicken stock, boiling
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, med diced
- 1 red red onion, med diced
- 2 large portobella mushrooms, wiped clean, med diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, med diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 dash garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour quick cooking couscous in a med bowl and cover with boiling chicken stock. Cover with plastic wrap set aside. After about 5 minutes, check couscous by fluffing with a fork. If all liquid is absorbed, let cool completely.
- Toss veggie medley in olive oil, salt/pepper/garlic salt, and oregano then spread out in single layer on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Over crowding will cause then to steam and become mushy.
- Roast until golden brown. Checking every 25 mins or so. (I never timed it, sorry!).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk fresh parsley, salt/pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil together. Add cooled couscous, chickpeas, tomatoes and cooled roasted veggies. Toss gently. Fold in feta.
- Serve room temp or cold.