Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is to so simple but to die for!
- 600 g cod fish fillets
- 5 g thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 5 g plain flour
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 g capers (optional)
- 20 g basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 ml fish stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 20 g pitted black olives
- 20 g parsley, chopped
- 5 g parsley, chopped
- Wash the codfish fillet and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- Toss the fillet with the thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the fillet.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and very quickly pan-fry the fillet.
- Dish out.
- Remove half of the cooking oil and add the chopped garlic, capers, basil and cherry tomatoes.
- Add the fish stock all at once (this will produce a stream of light smoke and this method is called deglazing) and allow to simmer to half the quantity.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well before adding the black olives.
- Sprinkle in the chopped parsley.
- Arrange the fish fillet on a platter and spoon the sauce over it.
- Serve with sauteed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.