This is to so simple but to die for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g cod fish fillets
- 5 g thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 5 g plain flour
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 g capers (optional)
- 20 g basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 ml fish stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 20 g pitted black olives
- 20 g parsley, chopped
- 5 g parsley, chopped
- 1Wash the codfish fillet and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- 2Toss the fillet with the thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- 3Sprinkle the flour over the fillet.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a pan and very quickly pan-fry the fillet.
- 5Dish out.
- 6Remove half of the cooking oil and add the chopped garlic, capers, basil and cherry tomatoes.
- 7Add the fish stock all at once (this will produce a stream of light smoke and this method is called deglazing) and allow to simmer to half the quantity.
- 8Add the tomato puree and mix well before adding the black olives.
- 9Sprinkle in the chopped parsley.
- 10Arrange the fish fillet on a platter and spoon the sauce over it.
- 11Serve with sauteed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean-style Cod Fish Fillet
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 312.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 57.4 g