Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
These are best when allowed to marinate overnight.
Top Review by Katanashrp
I used white wine instead of red and also squeezed some the lemon juice in after zesting. I cut the thighs up into kebab size pieces and marinated them for 24 hours. The result was moist and and flavorful. Thank you.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken thighs in a large zip-top plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together wine, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, the rosemary, lemon peel, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken and seal the bag.
- Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, add cucumbers, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, remaining oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Serve with cucumber-tomato relish.