Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are best when allowed to marinate overnight.
Make and share this Mediterranean-Style Chicken Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Place chicken thighs in a large zip-top plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together wine, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, the rosemary, lemon peel, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken and seal the bag.
- Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, add cucumbers, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, remaining oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Serve with cucumber-tomato relish.
I used white wine instead of red and also squeezed some the lemon juice in after zesting. I cut the thighs up into kebab size pieces and marinated them for 24 hours. The result was moist and and flavorful. Thank you.
Great grilled chicken and relish. This is what we had for 4th of July BBQ. The marinade was zesty. The chicken meat was moist and tender and the relish was a good accompaniment. My husband shredded his chicken and put it and the relish on a bun. A hit with all of us. Thanks.
Mmmmmmm Good chicken Nurse Di!! Made this for supper tonight, had to make a couple of tiny changes, white wine instead of red also red balsamic vinegar instead of white. Only because that is what I had on hand. The chicken was best we've had for a while, DH said more than 5 stars, including the relish. Wrong time of the year for the grill, so I did them under the broiler and I guess because of that, had to cook them 10 minutes longer, further from the heat I guess. Also added 1/4 of a chopped Spanish onion to the relish. The relish was a great finishing touch. I think it would be nice on other things too. Loved the marinade and will probably try it on some cod we're having this week. Thanks for sharing a wonderful versitile recipe.