1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes
These stuffed tomatoes make an easy, yet elegant main dish or side dish. Served at room temperature it makes a nice dish for these hot summer days. Very easily put together with a very attractive presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 1/4 cup pistachio nut
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 dash salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup tiny cubes feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olive
- chopped fresh basil (to garnish)
- 1Brint the water to a boil in a large pot. Add the orzo, stir, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 7 minutes, stirring as needed.
- 2While the orzo cooks, combine the basil leaves, garlic, pistachios and parmesan in a food processor. Whirl until well chopped.
- 3Add the olive oil through the hopper in a thin stream to make a smooth paste, stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times as needed.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Drain the orzo. Toss it lightly with the teaspoon of olive oil and let cool to room temperature.
- 6With a sharp serrated knife, cut a slice about 2 inched across in the top of each tomato and remove the core. Scoop out the pulp with a small spoon or melon baller, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
- 7Lightly sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- 8Mix the cooled orzo with the Pesto and feta cheese cubes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- 9Stuff each tomato with about a cup of the filling.
- 10Sprinkle the tops with the olives and garnish with the chopped basil.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 324.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & fresh ground pepper