Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This swordfish steak stuffed with spinach an feta cheese can be grilled or broiled.I developed this recipe myself about 10 years tring to to do something new with sword.
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) swordfish steaks (about 2-inch thick )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat,and lightly oil grate.
- Cut a slit in steak to create a pocket that is open on side only.In a cup. mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice; brush over both sides of fish. Set aside.
- In a small skillet,heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic over medium heat.Cook spinach in oil until just wilted. Remove from heat, and stuff into pocket. Place feta in pocket over spinach.
- Arrange fish on grill and cook 5-6 minutes.Turn over and continue cooking until cooked through. Do not over cook.