Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This recipe transforms "Simply Potatoes" into delicious, moist potato dumplings, stuffed with rich and creamy goat cheese and savory sun-dried tomatoes. These beautiful dumplings are accented with spinach and Parmesan cheese, then they are then covered in a creamy mushroom sauce. For the final touch, they are graced by crisped bacon and a snip of fresh chives. Great as a side dish, or satisfying as a main course. This recipe is "Simply" fantastic no matter how you serve it!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, finely diced and drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, I used baby bellas
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup of diced chives or 1⁄4 cup green tops green onion
- Combine goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and basil in a bowl, set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large covered microwave safe bowl. Microwave for six minutes or until potatoes are very soft, cool to room temperature. Add eggs to bowl, beat mixture until potatoes and eggs are well combined. Add salt, pepper and spinach, continue beating. Slow down mixer, or stir in flour and parmesan cheese to create stiff dough.
- Divide dough into 10 balls; flatten into ¼ “thick circles. Place cheese filling in the middle of each circle. Pinch edges up around filling to create a ball, roll in palms to smooth.
- Fill a large pot half way with water, bring to a gentle boil. Add dumplings, cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove each dumpling from water with a slotted spoon.
- Using medium high heat in a heavy skillet, add diced bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon, and all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings from pan. Add onion to skillet, cook until onion is softened. Add mushrooms to pan and continue to cook for additional four minutes or until mushrooms are browned around edges and cooked through. Add cream to pan. Cook until cream is reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
- To assemble place dumpling on plate, cover with sauce. Sprinkle with reserved bacon and diced chives. Great served as a side dish, or even as a main course!
Looks so good!!!
Amazing! I'm definitely trying these soon!
Now this is just Amazing...definitely a 5 Star! How did you come up with this combination of flavors? Amazing!