Recipe by Kanzeda
Great versatile recipe. I think it would make great appetizers with the baby portabellas. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of bell pepper (half red and half green, but I replaced it with the shredded zucchini. It makes it more moist
- 1 lb portabella mushroom cap (4 caps)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- 3 cups croutons
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (I like spring mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop finely. I'm not a chopped so at this time I pull out the electric processor. If you are using the bell peppers, you should only use 1/4 cup of the mushroom stems. I use all of them. Combine the onion through the garlic.
- Heat a skillet over medium, coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the chopped veggie mix to the pan and cook 10 minutes until they are tender.
- Toss the veggie mix and the bread in a separate bowl. Add the broth slowly, tossing to coat. Add feta and toss gently.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush cleaned mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette, sprinkle with parmesan and black pepper, top each mushroom with 1/2 cup of bread mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons of dressing and salad greens.
- Serve 1 cup of greens with 1 mushroom cap.