Recipe by Chef PotPie
Found in a Diabetic Living email I somehow got signed up for. I find the best recipes in that email! Submitting this one for ZWT9.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
We absolutely loved this recipe. We are big fans of Mediterranean flavours and enjoy making stuffed chicken breasts for a nice meal once in awhile and this recipe did not disappoint. The filling mixture was quick & easy to put together. I changed up the cooking technique abit; I browned in the skillet for a few minutes and then put in the oven to finish cooking. Chicken was moist & tasty, thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or 1 ounce crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped drained bottled marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped drained bottled roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting horizontally through the thickest portion to, but not through, the opposite side. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine feta, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, green onion, and oregano. Spoon evenly into pockets in chicken breasts. If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with black pepper.
- 3. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.