1/3 Photos of Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts
I adapted this from a recipe I saw in Cooking Light magazine, making changes to suit my family's taste preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves on foil-lined baking sheet, skin side up. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in air-tight container for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, finely chop the 2 bell pepper halves.
- 3Mix together chopped bell pepper, garlic, cheese, olives, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- 4Cut a horizontal slit in thickest portions of each chicken breast to form a pocket (but do not cut all the way through). Spoon the pepper/feta/olive mixture into each pocket. Close the opening with a toothpick. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the top side with dried basil.
- 5Place chicken on broiler rack, and broil 6-8 minutes each side, or until done (it may take additional time, depending on thickness of the chicken breasts). Remove from oven, loosely wrap with foil and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g