Recipe by CJ Jones
This is something I thought would be nice when I bought a package of boneless chicken thighs and realized I could roll them open and stuff them with my favorite ingredients. It's easy, healthy... and it impresses my wife.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is good and spicy!!! I love the stuffing!! I used fresh crimini mushrooms and thyme instead of oregano. Also, used arugula instead of spinach because I had all those things around the house already. Used maharajah curry powder and it was spicy mixed with all that pepper but really good!!! I used butcher's twine to secure my chicken bundles and I baked them for 55 minutes until my meat thermometer read 180 degrees F. Really great recipe, thanks for posting!!
- 6 -9 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 -5 black olives, minced not sliced
- 4 -5 mushrooms, minced not sliced
- 1⁄8 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (preferably damp packed in water)
- 1⁄8 cup approx olive oil or 1⁄8 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 / tbsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil, curry, oregano, pepper, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic into a small mixing bowl and stir with a fork.
- Pour oil and spice mixture into glass or ceramic baking dish and coat the whole bottom of pan with oil/spice mixture.
- Wash the chicken thighs under cold water and roll them out flat.
- Drag both sides of each thigh through the oil/spice mixture in baking dish and lay them flat and orderly in baking dish.
- Lightly brown the pine nuts in a non-stick frying pan for 1 minute, then mince.
- Put minced pine nuts, minced spinach, crumbled feta cheese, minced black olives, minced mushrooms into a bowl and toss them together. This is your stuffing.
- Place generous amount of stuffing on each flattened thigh.
- Roll the thighs around the stuffing to enclose it.
- Preheat oven to 375 (oven temperatures vary) and bake for 30 -40 minutes or until chicken is white throughout when sliced.
- Serve with rice and a vegetable or salad.