Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lean rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted kalamata olive
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the seasonings into the meat.
- Combine the oil and garlic in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, or until the garlic starts to sizzle.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until medium-rare.
- remove from the heat and sprinkle with the feta, lemon juice, and olive.
- Cut each steak in half before serving.
This was a very simple recipe to make from ingredients we always have on hand (and even managed to on vacation). We used a marinated fetta which went well with the rest of the flavours. Thanks Poppy.