Recipe by billikers
From Woman's Day, June 20 2006.
Top Review by Luschka
Wow! This was fantastic! The spice rub was lovely, and the salad as a whole just worked together awesomely. The problem with salads is often that they are not very filling, but this one was! I suppose the meat made it chewy which makes the tummy think it's getting full, but the calorie count stays low! We had this as our main for lunch and I served it with garlic dough balls. Very nice. Will definitely go in the list of favorites!
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinaigrette, with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 340.19 g flank steaks, visible fat trimmed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large red pepper, quartered
- 226.79 g mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 63.78 g cansliced black olives, drained
- 59.14 ml spicy cherry pepper, quartered
- 4.92 ml ground oregano
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat outdoor grill or a two-burner stovetop grill pan.
- Mix all ingredients for the spice rub together well in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing into a clear measuring cup; add water equal to 1/2 cup. Pour into a large serving bowl; whisk in 1 tsp spice rub until blended.
- Press remaining spice rub on both sides of the steak. Coat both sides of steak and red pepper with nonstick spray.
- Grill pepper for 7 minutes. Add steak to grill; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side for rare. Remove steak and pepper to a cutting board. Cut pepper in strips; let steak rest about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add salad greens and remaining ingredients to bowl with dressing. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Add to salad, along with any steak juices, if desired. Toss to mix and coat.