1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Steak Salad
From Woman's Day, June 20 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette, with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces flank steaks, visible fat trimmed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large red pepper, quartered
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut in chunks
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup spicy cherry pepper, quartered
- 1Heat outdoor grill or a two-burner stovetop grill pan.
- 2Mix all ingredients for the spice rub together well in a small bowl.
- 3Pour dressing into a clear measuring cup; add water equal to 1/2 cup. Pour into a large serving bowl; whisk in 1 tsp spice rub until blended.
- 4Press remaining spice rub on both sides of the steak. Coat both sides of steak and red pepper with nonstick spray.
- 5Grill pepper for 7 minutes. Add steak to grill; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side for rare. Remove steak and pepper to a cutting board. Cut pepper in strips; let steak rest about 5 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, add salad greens and remaining ingredients to bowl with dressing. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Add to salad, along with any steak juices, if desired. Toss to mix and coat.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Steak Salad
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 770.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens