Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
A copycat-ish recipe of the White House Grill’s Spring Bowl from Favorite Family Recipes. Apparently, the original dish calls for fresh garlic to be incorporated in the final dish. I just can't do it...so, I added the garlic to the cooking process of the rice for infused flavor.
- 1 cup lemon pepper marinade (Lawry's and amount depending on size of breasts)
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- lemon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup garbanzo beans
- 12 -15 cherry tomatoes or 12 -15 grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- feta cheese
For the rice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- Marinate chicken breast halves in lemon pepper marinade for at least one an hour (sealed tightly in a plastic Ziploc bag works best). Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 glass baking dish and sprinkle with lemon pepper on both sides. Bake at 350-degrees for about 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is completely cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, heat a bit of oil in a large skillet. Add diced onion, zucchini, bell pepper and garbanzo beans. Saute until onions become clear. Add tomatoes and saute an additional minute or so until tomatoes become hot.
- Chop the cooked chicken into smaller pieces and stir in with sauteed vegetables.
- For the rice: Cook rice and crushed garlic cloves together with the water according to package instructions. After the rice is cooked, combine remaining ingredients (from olive oil through salt) and pour slowly over rice while fluffing with a fork. Add more lemon juice a little at a time, if needed.
- To serve: Put a scoop or two of rice in a bowl. Add sauteed veggies and chicken. Top each bowl with about 2 tablespoons feta cheese (or to taste).