Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best quiche I have ever had and very easy to make. (From Country Classics Volume II)
- 1 pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prick pie crust with a fork and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave and then drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter, flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, and nutmeg and mix well.
- Stir in the spinach and feta cheese.
- Drain the tomatoes well and gently fold into the mixture.
- Spoon into the pie shell.
- Bake about 1 hour or until set in the middle.
I have made this twice and absolutely LOVE it! It tastes best with a homemade crust. I also added sauted onions (diced) for some additional flavor.