Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are my favorite way to cook spinach and are a great veggie alternative to a hamburger. They are very tasty, so don't let the spinach scare you away. I think the eggs really take the edge off of the spinach taste. I can't remember where I got the recipe, but it suggested serving them on a bun with some tomato sauce on top.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, halved (use shredded if it is easier)
- Melt butter and place 2 tbsp in a medium bowl.
- Add eggs, spinach, parmesan, onion, bread crumbs, and seasoning and mix until combined.
- Shape into hamburger-sized patties.
- Pour some reserved butter into a heated skillet and fry patties until golden, about 3 min each side.
- Top each patty with Mozzarella and heat until cheese is melted.
I thought these would be fun to try since my daughter and I love spinach, but I was very disappointed with the taste, and we ended up throwing them away. Sorry.
Oops! That would be a 10 oz. box of frozen, chopped spinach.
The recipe didn't say what size box of spinach to use, I had 250g so only used 1 egg, and then adjusted rest of the ingredients. They were tasty, will be making them again. This time I didn't use them as burger patties, served them with lots of other vegies. Next time around I will definitely try it on a burger.