Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Kraft Foods. If you make the recipe as-is, it is more spinach-y and less rice-y. A 10-oz block of frozen spinach works nicely. I prefer more rice, so I use less spinach and usually go with brown rice. Great additions at the end include: chicken, toasted almonds, dried fruit, herbs to your liking, and anything else your heart desires! Note: Cooking time omits the time to cook the rice (you can use minute rice, a rice cooker, or stovetop - whatever you prefer).
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 lb spinach leaves, washed dried, and coarsely chopped (or 10 oz frozen spinach thawed)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting oil and salt.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add oil and garlic.
- Stir until garlic is light golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add raisins and cook for 1 minute.
- Add spinach 1/3 at a time, tossing quickly just until each addition begins to wilt.
- Add cooked rice, red bell pepper, feta cheese, and pepper.
- Stir briefly to combine and season with salt to taste.